Hi SOCNETers,
I teach an undergraduate course on social networks and I also teach several
topics on social networks in other classes (e.g. community organizing,
community psychology). I like to use pop culture as an example of how
social networks function, but I am sparse (and dated) on examples. An
example I've been using most is the sexual networks of the show "Grays
Anatomy" to highlight various social network concepts. I present a
sociogram of sexual relationships within the show as a visual example.

My questions is, does anyone have any similar sociograms for other pop
culture examples? Unfortunately, I am extraordinarily out of step with the
current pop culture so if I were to create my own they would be dated at
best (cameos of 90's TV shows, anyone?). I am thinking something like
homicide networks of "Breaking Bad," music collaborations, or something to
that effect.

I welcome your thoughts and ideas!

Thanks!
Charlie

Salude,

Charlie R. Collins, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
email: [log in to unmask]
phone: 1-425-352-3594
office: UW1-353

**I am attempting to build stronger relationships. As such, if this email
exchange could be handled in a brief phone conversation, I encourage you to
call my cell at 530-321-0155. I look forward to hearing from you.**