I am looking for sociology-related papers that describe empirical projects examining influence or power in real-world human social networks constructed through snowball sampling from multiple random seed nodes.

I am particularly interested in papers that discuss the implications of missing data, the validity of centrality measures, and boundary specification for extrapolating beyond the sample to the actual social context it represents.

I'm trying to understand the problems that arise when making the case that a snowball-sampled network is a reasonable proxy for a real social world - especially around the issue of how large a sample needs to be relative the estimate size of the total social world in question and how many seed nodes are required. For example, if one wanted to find the most central doctor out of all the doctors in a town is it possible to sample less than 100 % of all the doctors and if so how to estimate the minimum % required and the minumum number of start points.

Thanks very much