Below are a selection of papers describing some of the work we have done here in Melbourne on network models using snowball sampled data, including several empirical applications. We have an ongoing project for a more systematic study of inferential validity for Autologistic Actor Attribute Models using snowball samples, but more to come on that in the future.

Garry

Professor Garry Robins, FASSA,

Melbourne School of Psychological Sciences

University of Melbourne

Victoria 3010

Australia

Adjunct Professor, Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia.

Personal website: https://sites.google.com/site/garryrobins/

Melnet website:  www.melnet.org.au

Check out my book on Social Network Research. Doing Social Network Research: Network-based research design for social scientists.Sage books

Bryant, R. A., Gallagher, H. C., Gibbs, L., Pattison, P., MacDougall, C., Harms, L., ... & Richardson, J. (2017). Mental health and social networks after disaster. American Journal of Psychiatry, 174(3), 277-285.

Daraganova, G. & Pattison, P (2013). Autologistic actor attribute model analysis of unemployment: dual importance of who you know and where you live. In Lusher, D, Koskinen, J., & Robins, G. (Eds.) Exponential random graph models for social networks (pp. 237-247). New York, NY: Cambridge.

Kashima, Y., Wilson, S., Lusher, D., Pearson, L. J., & Pearson, C. (2013). The acquisition of perceived descriptive norms as social category learning in social networks. Social Networks, 35(4), 711-719.

Pattison, P. E., Robins, G. L., Snijders, T. A., & Wang, P. (2013). Conditional estimation of exponential random graph models from snowball sampling designs. Journal of Mathematical Psychology, 57(6), 284-296.

Rolls, D., Wang, P., Jenkinson, R., Pattison, P., Robins, G., Sacks-Davis, R., Daraganova, G., Hellard, M., & McBryde, E. (2013). Modelling a disease-relevant contact network of people who inject drugs. Social Networks, 35, 699-710.

Rolls, D. A., & Robins, G. (2017). Minimum distance estimators of population size from snowball samples using conditional estimation and scaling of exponential random graph models. Computational Statistics & Data Analysis116, 32-48.

Stivala, A. D., Koskinen, J. H., Rolls, D. A., Wang, P., & Robins, G. L. (2016). Snowball sampling for estimating exponential random graph models for large networks. Social Networks, 47, 167-188.