Hello Socnetters,

We have an opening for a social network scientist, please find the post here --also copied below.
If you have any questions about the position you can directly reach me at [log in to unmask].
Thank you and have a great weekend.

--------------

Talha Oz

Computational Social Scientist

https://www.humanyze.com

Social Network Scientist

Analytics – Palo Alto, California

Humanyze has an immediate need for a Social Network Scientist to join our R&D Team in Palo Alto, CA.

Humanyze helps companies make more informed people decisions. Born out of the MIT Media Lab, Humanyze uncovers the hidden patterns of digital and face-to-face communication to quantify the people factor in the workplace. Humanyze is committed to helping teams work better together and has the data and science to prove it.  Humanyze’s world-leading People Analytics Platform delivers advanced insights and is used by top Fortune 500 companies to answer specific business questions around diversity and inclusion, collaboration and delivery, space planning, workload, teamwork and engagement, and regulatory and compliance risk.

ROLE DESCRIPTION:

The Humanyze R&D team is responsible for developing new methods to collect and analyze organizational behavior data in order to generate business insights. The communication and collaboration datasets we work with are collected from multiple sources, including email, calendar, calls, and workplace messaging apps as well as face-to-face data collected from wearable and environmental sensors. With a rapidly growing user base, we are in need of a Social Network Scientist who would be responsible for creating scalable methods to extract meaningful metrics from large, multi-source datasets. In this role, a Social Network Scientist would be expected to:

  • Design and implement new/custom algorithms and methodology for multi-dimensional social network data collected in real-world organizations.
  • Lead the effort in scaling the analysis for large organizations.
  • Work on meta-analysis on looking at patterns and benchmarks over multiple organizations.
  • Work closely with a product engineering team to identify and implement automated solutions.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

  • MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Network Science, or related fields.
  • 3+ years of experience in social network analysis, machine learning, statistics, or data mining.
  • Production-level programming skills in Python: 3 years.
  • Must work well in multi-disciplinary teams.

DESIRED SKILLS:

  • Publications in Network Science or related fields.
  • Basic background in organizational behavior.
  • Experience working with sensor data.
  • You will be required to submit a code example, dissertation and publications.

WE OFFER:

  • Competitive salary and bonus
  • Flexible work environment
  • Fully paid medical, dental and long-term disability insurance
  • SIMPLE IRA matching
  • 3 Weeks of vacation, a holiday week, and 11 other company holidays