Complex network analysis of The Raven (by Edgar Poe): https://www.slideshare.net/DmitryZinoviev/presentationa-quaint-and-curious-volume-of-forgotten-lore-or-an-exercise-in-digital-humanities
Same of the Lord of the Ring: https://www.slideshare.net/DmitryZinoviev/the-lord-of-the-ring-a-network-analysis
Same of Da Vinci Code: https://www.slideshare.net/DmitryZinoviev/davinci-code-network-analysis
Same of Othello: https://www.slideshare.net/DmitryZinoviev/desdemona-52994413

On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 3:16 PM Charlie Collins <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi SOCNETers,
I teach an undergraduate course on social networks and I also teach several topics on social networks in other classes (e.g. community organizing, community psychology). I like to use pop culture as an example of how social networks function, but I am sparse (and dated) on examples. An example I've been using most is the sexual networks of the show "Grays Anatomy" to highlight various social network concepts. I present a sociogram of sexual relationships within the show as a visual example.

My questions is, does anyone have any similar sociograms for other pop culture examples? Unfortunately, I am extraordinarily out of step with the current pop culture so if I were to create my own they would be dated at best (cameos of 90's TV shows, anyone?). I am thinking something like homicide networks of "Breaking Bad," music collaborations, or something to that effect.

I welcome your thoughts and ideas!

Thanks!
Charlie

Salude,

Charlie R. Collins, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
School of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences
email: [log in to unmask]
phone: 1-425-352-3594
office: UW1-353

**I am attempting to build stronger relationships. As such, if this email exchange could be handled in a brief phone conversation, I encourage you to call my cell at 530-321-0155. I look forward to hearing from you.**

Dmitry Zinoviev, Professor of Computer Science, Suffolk University, Boston, MA 02114
Author of "Data Science Essentials in Python" and "Complex Network Analysis in Python"