Six years ago we started on the code that has evolved into the Netwar
System, named in a nod to  John Arquilla and David Ronfeldt’s seminal work
in this field, The Advent of Netwar. The full description is here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__netwarsystem.com_about&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=CGBDyFjxyshUALg469GAu4rYEf8h9ZkSyHWdheN0O_c&s=ykT7KKfGI6ufgEgJ_iXUGW-ASW4FWd_xjbdgfRo4TEI&e=

Briefly, the system permits groups of Twitter users to add accounts to
multiple lists for the sake of observation, it's possible to capture
internal discussions by connecting to a Slack server, and content is stored
in Elasticsearch. We released the full code base about a month ago:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_NetwarSystem_NetwarSystem&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=CGBDyFjxyshUALg469GAu4rYEf8h9ZkSyHWdheN0O_c&s=2kIE3IKh_AYpr6E-inMlo5fBus2bnRD_xWGCSmzKvkQ&e=

The system evolved some batch collection abilities over the last year and
we are releasing data on the 31.8M unique followers of legislators for
Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States, and
the members of the European Parliament.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__figshare.com_authors_Neal-5FRauhauser_574339&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=CGBDyFjxyshUALg469GAu4rYEf8h9ZkSyHWdheN0O_c&s=8SConFeo3H_a25x4uIDIo-G4kejNa8_8agIDeAtRck4&e=

This content contains just the names of the legislator accounts and the
numeric IDs of followers - which adheres to Twitter's requirements for
publishing 'dehydrated' datasets. Our Elasticsearch cluster contains this
data in a more accessible form but we have a bit more work to do with
Search Guard before we can let others access it.

The next features for the system will be the ingestion of Telegram data and
RSS feeds, which should happen over the next month or so.

We also have a Slack server for support at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__netwarsystem.slack.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=CGBDyFjxyshUALg469GAu4rYEf8h9ZkSyHWdheN0O_c&s=fI6FMm8niAB5Xds_FW7PW5E9zMxicGHvwCoZAvZ2WqI&e=

If you have any questions about the system or the data being released on
Figshare I would be happy to answer them.

--
Wire:nrauhauser
sms:202-642-1717