From: Social Networks Discussion Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of martina morris
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2019 5:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SOCNET] Requesting refs to egocentric network studies on probability samples

*****  To join INSNA, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.insna.org&d=DwIDAg&c=Nd1gv_ZWYNIRyZYZmXb18oVfc3lTqv2smA_esABG70U&r=YJkZt1Kj_3QEpjIbPMsRKhBuYwzSaheXr32WdroNv8KZnumyWGDZR6ngZyRvUjOz&m=aYzCxag4geP2zmMREAdXk99t659YNtBh5uTFm89LK1I&s=kq3zjyq1myiUfiE8IEvSW5aax1B21JcFoVZ5dxHCWHg&e=  *****

Hi folks,

We're writing a paper on the key study design elements that improve
estimation of ERG models from egocentrically sampled networks in
population based probability surveys.  The three key elements are
stratification and name generators (how many), and for inferences on
triadic properties, the alter-alter matrix.

So, we're looking for references to egocentric studies, with the
additional requirement that the study uses a probability sample (for the
population of interest -- it does not need to be a sample designed to be
representative of the entire population).

References from around the globe are welcome!  Please note
whether the alter-alter matrix was included, and if there is a paper
describing the study design.

Examples woud be similar to the GSS and UCNets, the University of
California Berkeley Social Networks Study (in the US).

Many Thanks in Advance!
Martina, Pavel and Michal

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:        (206) 685-3402
  Dept Office:   (206) 543-5882, 543-7237
  Fax:           (206) 685-7419

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__faculty.washington.edu_morrism_&d=DwIBAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=iYkoQXqhGGBA5Hrtf8zoXTO1mmqDxRaDAeT3CLmB45M&s=bRlqI2uPGIDK_d9i_zXPBH8MzmthWiiAnGn5RcM3ZSo&e=

network researchers (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.insna.org&d=DwIDAg&c=Nd1gv_ZWYNIRyZYZmXb18oVfc3lTqv2smA_esABG70U&r=YJkZt1Kj_3QEpjIbPMsRKhBuYwzSaheXr32WdroNv8KZnumyWGDZR6ngZyRvUjOz&m=aYzCxag4geP2zmMREAdXk99t659YNtBh5uTFm89LK1I&s=kq3zjyq1myiUfiE8IEvSW5aax1B21JcFoVZ5dxHCWHg&e=). To unsubscribe, send