Dear IA Colleagues,

Imagining America is currently accepting applications for our their fellowship programs, designed for community- and publicly-engaged graduate and undergraduate students. These programs respectively include honorariums and/or tuition scholarships. UF doctoral student L.B. Hannah, and a UF undergraduate student in Art, have been awarded these fellowships in the past. Please encourage interested students to apply. These programs offer tremendous mentoring and networking opportunities for students interested in public scholarship in the arts, humanities, design, and allied cultural disciplines.

The announcement is accessible in these forms:

·      Weblink: http://bit.ly/30HLS3c

·      Email content: below this message

​Best wishes,

Sophia

https://d2zhgehghqjuwb.cloudfront.net/accounts/11780/original/1514320885933-5u8ohqqkqxl-3dd3e7ac8b76b75bd2e393a7d838142e.png?1514320888

Imagining America (IA) is currently accepting applications for our fellowship programs designed for graduate and undergraduate students from IA member institutions. Read about the two opportunities for students to participate in these vibrant networks.

Please circulate widely to your networks and to anyone who may be interested.

Applications are now open for the following graduate and undergraduate student fellowship programs:

https://d2zhgehghqjuwb.cloudfront.net/accounts/11780/original/IAGathering-101918-SBeidatsch-7022.jpg?1558487608PAGE Fellows Program
(Publicly Active Graduate Education)

We are thrilled to invite graduate students with an interest in public scholarship or artistic practice and activism to apply for a 2019-2020 PAGE Fellowship.

PAGE Fellows participate in a yearlong working group for collaborative art-making, teaching, writing, storytelling and co-creating knowledge within and for community. Awardees receive a $500 honorarium to attend the 2019 PAGE Summit on October 17th and the IA National Gathering from October 18-20 in Albuquerque, NM.

We are artists, scientists, researchers, instigators, cultural leaders, care workers, and community activists. The fellowship offers ongoing professional mentorship and emotional support to fellows, especially toward navigating unjust institutional barriers. While there are no limits to the amazing work we can accomplish together in a fellowship year, we prioritize physical, emotional, and mental well-being and accountability throughout the process.

PAGE Fellows will build capacity in a cohort of publicly-engaged scholars and will join the Imagining America network of activist-scholars, administrators, artists and media makers who are shifting culture toward justice within higher education and society. Eligible  applicants are students from IA member institutions. Learn more about PAGE Fellows Program, here.

Apply by: Friday, June 14, 2019

https://d2zhgehghqjuwb.cloudfront.net/accounts/11780/original/IAGathering-101918-SBeidatsch-7071.jpg?1558487759JGS Fellows Program

Publicly engaged undergraduate students who work with photography and/or digital media are invited to apply for a 2019-2020 JGS Fellowship.

Selected fellows will commit to a year-long learning exchange that includes tuition support, project support, and opportunities for professional development. Eligible applicants are students from IA member institutions.

Over the course of the fellowship year, each fellow will:

• Receive a $2,000 tuition scholarship.
• Receive mentorship and $450 in financial support for each Fellow’s community projects.
• Attend the Imagining America National Gathering on October 18-20 in Albuquerque, NM. Complimentary registration and travel awards are included.
• Participate in regular, virtual learning exchanges.
• Be connected to the consortium’s national network of scholars, educators, artists, and community organizers.

Learn more about JGS Fellows Program, here.

Apply by: Thursday, June 27, 2019

If you are interested in learning more about joining Imagining America, please contact Associate Director of Membership and Development, Erika Prasad at [log in to unmask].

https://d2zhgehghqjuwb.cloudfront.net/accounts/11780/original/1514320885933-5u8ohqqkqxl-3dd3e7ac8b76b75bd2e393a7d838142e.png?1514320888

Imagining America (IA) advances public scholarship, community building, civically engaged learning and campus change through the bold power of the arts, humanities, and design.

As a national consortium of university and cultural institutions, we build partnerships among public scholars, artists, students, designers and cultural organizers who are addressing the most pressing issues of our time.

(530) 297-4640 | imaginingamerica.org
207 Third St., Ste. 120 | Davis | California | 95616

footer image

Imagining America · 207 Third St., Ste. 120 · Davis · California · 95616
http://imaginingamerica.org/

Click here to view the online version.