Hi Mike,

For CRLA, the six hours has to be synchronous, which can include online. You could use a tool with video, such as Blackboard Collaborate or Skype, to do online synchronous training. However, you may have the same issues with trying to get tutors to attend. In general, you are better off building up the culture of training and making sure your tutors understand in advance why training is important and how it benefits them. Then you can split up your in-person training into shorter blocks and still have attendance.

Hope this helps,

Emily

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Michael Kassel
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 2:29 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [External Sender] Re: Online Tutor Training

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of Mid-State Technical College. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

I am looking for a way to change up our training - doing a six hour face to face just is too difficult for the students and, as I get older, for me.  Is it possible that it can ported to online or is it still six hours face to face?  If I break it up three hours and three hours it's so hard to get students to return.  Appreciate your help on this!

Mike

Michael B. Kassel, Ph. D.

Tutorial Coordinator

Academic Success Center