From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Danna Baggett
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 1:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Tutors in residence halls

Good afternoon!

The Housing office has asked us to collaborate with them to begin offering tutoring in the dorms next semester.  We will start by offering developmental math and college algebra tutoring.  If all goes well, we can offer more classes later on.  I'm sure offering tutoring in dorms is common, so I'd like to hear from you about your experiences with it.  Pros? Cons? What worked?  What didn't work?  Was it successful?  Once students have moved in and the semester has started, we plan on hand delivering letters to residents that are enrolled in dev. math and college algebra to inform them about residence hall tutoring.

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated!  Thank you!

Danna Baggett
Director, Tutoring Services
Student Support Services
903-510-3114
[TJC Logo]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tjc.edu_&d=DwMFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=EODmwBS6-_Sd8XhCSepVq6hD6UiksVe-wDUf3jkCAIM&s=8uvy5sdHqXs4tKYnjI1zv3pNIqdMBvHlLBnnrvJVZ_U&e=>
PO Box 9020, Tyler, TX 75711
1400 East Fifth St., Tyler, TX 75798