We’re trying to make online tutoring available through our Learning Center. We’d prefer, at least initially, to use our own tutors.  Since Canvas is already familiar to our students, we thought that tutoring through Canvas might be a good first option.   Is anyone using Canvas for online tutoring?   If so, I’d appreciate hearing about your experience.

Also, for those of you at community colleges in California, how do you collect apportionment for online tutoring?  I assume you log students into and out of your attendance system at the beginning and end of the session?  How does it work with asynchronous tutoring?

Thanks.

Kathy Walczak

Santa Ana (CA) College

Learning Center Coordinator

Learning Center  Dunlap Hall D-307

      Home of the Growth Mindset

(714) 564-6542

Learner-Achiever-Maximizer-Input-Harmony

A reader lives a thousand lives before he/she dies; the one who never reads lives only one.”