Hello LRNASST network!

I am the Peer Tutoring Coordinator at the University of Minnesota - Twin Cities. Our department is looking to expand and update our tutoring center (it's been growing at a fast rate!). We've been noticing that more and more students are using our services and tutors. On most days a tutor can be working with 4-5 people on 2-3 different subjects at the same time. At the moment we have these small (about 3x3 feet) butterfly shaped tables that have wheels so that they can be moved. The butterfly tables really allow allow for 3 students to comfortably sit around. Since we're looking to buy new furniture, do you folks have any ideas or any kind of tables/chairs or setup that has worked for your center? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

- Crystal

--
Crystal Lee, MA
Peer Tutoring Coordinator, SMART Learning Commons

PhD student, Higher Education
Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development
College of Education and Human Development
University of Minnesota - Twin Cities

Pronouns: she/her/hers
Input | Communication | Positivity | Empathy | Learner