If you use AccuSQL (or perhaps other Engineerica products?), you can program a survey to pop up before the student can sign out of the lab/session. That’s what we do, and we have a response rate of over 90%. Students who don’t want to complete the survey must ask for a manual override. Very few do.

Thanks,

Sandy

From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Lynn Schmitz
Sent: Monday, June 3, 2019 2:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Assessing Tutoring Effectiveness

Hi Leonard,

Same problem here until we put our survey on laptops at the centers and asked each tutor to kindly request of the student to complete the survey on their way out. The survey is short and sweet, only 10 questions. We doubled the response rate!

Hope this helps.

Lynn

Lynn Schmitz

Program Director

ACCESS Peer Assisted Learning

Division of Academic Affairs

Williston Hall 100 E | DeKalb, Illinois 60115-2828

[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:B8B367D6-808F-470A-9A87-1286F00ABAD4">

The secret in education is to respect the learner.

Ralph Waldo Emerson