Hi Jorge,

If these are very basic intro courses, tou might consider taking a look at
statnetWeb.  It's a free RShiny App (if you're not familiar with those,
they offer a GUI for R that runs in a web browser).  It provides access to
the utilities in the statnet R packages "sna" for descriptive network
analysis and "ergm" for statistical modeling of networks.

You can take it for a test drive in the cloud here:

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__statnet.shinyapps.io_statnetWeb_&d=DwIDAw&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=h7gqhYCvbw1uxS7BtNmn9eS2GVzlpe20u4V1_4UdQ7k&s=Hshu0t7afcmJGSxMguRmwkfa-J_aziad4w8MnZRtWco&e=

But it's also up on CRAN, so can be downloaded and run locally:

in R:

install.packages("statnetWeb")
library(statnetWeb)
run_sw()

The benefit of running locally is that you're not relying on the cloud
server, which has limits in terms of the number of persons and sessions it
can support.

And we have training materials up online from our workshop
here:  statnet.github.io/Workshops

hth,
Martina

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019, Jorge Manuel Ávila de Lima wrote:

> ***** To join INSNA, visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.insna.org&d=DwIDAw&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=h7gqhYCvbw1uxS7BtNmn9eS2GVzlpe20u4V1_4UdQ7k&s=1JLEGk4_dUq5NQlq_VkJK3oNxmOK6Jom3nOiYvOTakQ&e=  *****
>
> Hi all,
>

> Although I have been a big fan of UCINET for many years, I tend to run into difficulties while using it in
> my research and teaching:
>
> - I have switched from Windows to Mac OS X a long time ago and UCINET doesn't run there unless I go through all
> these non-intuitive, cumbersome steps;
>
> - Many of my students also use Mac and for them this is even more complicated.
>

> So I've been looking into other SNA software programs that run on both Mac AND Windows (this would cover all my
> students' laptop equipment) and that still doe a good job in network analysis and visualisation. The more
> intuitive and user-friendly for the students, the best. I have recently discovered SocNetV and I was wondering
> if colleagues have experience with it and recommendations for using it in teaching (and maybe
> research) situations.
>

> Best regards,
>

> Jorge Ávila de Lima
>
> _____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the
> professional association for social network researchers (https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.insna.org&d=DwIDAw&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=h7gqhYCvbw1uxS7BtNmn9eS2GVzlpe20u4V1_4UdQ7k&s=1JLEGk4_dUq5NQlq_VkJK3oNxmOK6Jom3nOiYvOTakQ&e= ). To unsubscribe, send an email
> message to [log in to unmask] containing the line UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.

  Professor of Sociology and Statistics
  Box 354322
  University of Washington
  Seattle, WA 98195-4322

  Office:        (206) 685-3402
  Dept Office:   (206) 543-5882, 543-7237
  Fax:           (206) 685-7419

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__faculty.washington.edu_morrism_&d=DwIDAw&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=h7gqhYCvbw1uxS7BtNmn9eS2GVzlpe20u4V1_4UdQ7k&s=5sDZKRKKgSCrwIdQhOKrSF08uY8x_c1KhvHU6ePxdHk&e=