From: Dmitry Zinoviev <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2019 5:16 PM
To: Doreian, Patrick D
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SOCNET] Recommendation on SNA software that runs on Mac and Windows

Patrick,

I strongly disagree. Pajek has amazing analytical capabilities but it has never been designed to produce high-quality visualizations of large networks. I have used both Pajek and Gephi for over ten years, and I am very familiar with the book that you mentioned. I do not believe saying "something has reasonably good visualization" is erroneous. It would be erroneous to say that Pajek does not have reasonably good visualization. See also https://www.researchgate.net/post/Which_open_source_software_is_best_for_network_data_analysis, item #5 in the first answer. As you can see, this is not just my opinion.