Patrick,

As we are entering the muddy waters of subjectivity, lacking an operational definition of "outstanding visualization," I feel I should relabel my original post as my strictly personal opinions, supported by nothing but anecdotal evidence. Will you be attending SunBelt in Montreal? We could continue our conversation there.

--
Dmitry Zinoviev, Professor of Computer Science, Suffolk University, Boston, MA 02114
Author of "Data Science Essentials in Python" and "Complex Network Analysis in Python"