I’d also agree that PAJEK is fantastic, particularly if you have very large nets or very many large nets, as the scripting tools allow you to do lots of big repeated things quickly.
de Nooy, W., Mrvar, A., & Batgelj, V. (2011). Exploratory Social Network Analysis with Pajek (2nd Edition) . New York, NY: Cambridge University Press.

This book is here to be mentioned.
Andrej moreover answers questions on the Pajek list.

Best,
Loet

 Also, none of the native R community detection tools include a resolution parameter (despite being available in python igraph), so its my go to for that work as well...

PTs,
Jim

Sent from my iPad