Hi all,

Although I have been a big fan of UCINET for many years, I tend to run into difficulties while using it in my research and teaching:

- I have switched from Windows to Mac OS X a long time ago and UCINET doesn't run there unless I go through all these non-intuitive, cumbersome steps;

- Many of my students also use Mac and for them this is even more complicated.

So I've been looking into other SNA software programs that run on both Mac AND Windows (this would cover all my students' laptop equipment) and that still doe a good job in network analysis and visualisation. The more intuitive and user-friendly for the students, the best. I have recently discovered SocNetV and I was wondering if colleagues have experience with it and recommendations for using it in teaching (and maybe research) situations.

Best regards,

Jorge Ávila de Lima