Hi Danna,

We are a community college and use our PTK new membership lists to try and recruit tutors.  We do still use faculty recommendations but I do not get enough recommendations so we have tried to be creative with recruiting.  I also post flyers in our financial aid office since our students would be going to that office to apply for work study positions.  We have started running a report listing students who have obtained a 3.5 or higher semester GPA and have emailed those students.  I have also used our LMS system, Canvas, to send out messages to all students letting them know we are looking for tutors.  If we are short on math tutors, we also try to go into the classroom at the beginning of the semester or the end, and talk to students who are in our upper level math courses about being a tutor.  We have one staff member who gives student tours of our campus and he is great about telling students they can not only use tutoring services, but could also be a tutor.

Thanks,

Jill

Jill Gosseen

LARC Coordinator