*** apologies for cross-posting ***

Dear all,

The Centre for Networks and Enterprise (CNE) are hosting a workshop next week. Please see below for more information. As always, everyone is welcome to attend and events are free. Please book your ticket through our Eventbrite page.

WORKSHOP: Mixed Methods Research into Social Networks

12th July 09:00-13:00

Instructor: Prof. Betina Hollstein (University of Bremen).

The workshop focuses on the use of mixed methods research designs when studying whole and ego-centered social networks. In the first part social network qualitative research and the principles of mixed methods research designs and its contributions to the study of social networks are introduced, pointing out advantages and challenges of this approach. Examples of mixed methods networks studies from a variety of fields of research are presented, including job mobility and organizational research. The second part is dedicated to mixed methods network data collection and the use of visual tools. The workshop includes exercises and offers the possibility to discuss own projects.

The workshop will take place at Edinburgh Business School South Pod, Heriot-Watt University, 09:00-13:00, 12th July. Please meet at Edinburgh Business School (EBS) from 08:15-08:45 for arrival teas & coffees and registration. Please bring a laptop fully charged. Book your free place at our Eventbrite page.

These are part of a series of events being held by the CNE, so please visit our Eventbrite page for more information. If you have any questions, please contact [log in to unmask].

Kind Regards

Yasi

Dr Yasaman Sarabi
Post-Doctoral Researcher

Edinburgh Business School, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS
tel: +44 (0) 131 451 8018 www.ebsglobal.net

Edinburgh Business School is a Charity Registered in Scotland, SC026900