From: Beachy,Rebecca <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, August 26, 2019 1:34 PM
To: Graham, Wendy D. <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Castaneda, Araceli <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: PURC - Special Projects Coordinator

Hi Wendy,

I hope this email finds you well! I am reaching out to see if you could recommend persons for a project in which the University of Florida’s Public Utility Research Center (PURC) is working with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to improve city-wide sanitation services in developing countries. PURC is seeking someone to serve as its project coordinator.

PURC’s project coordinator will work with the Gates Foundation, water regulators and experts in Africa and Asia, and with the rest of the PURC team to develop policy guides and training materials for extending waste disposal systems in urban areas. The challenge is that most cities in Africa and the poorer areas of Asia do not extend sanitation systems beyond the wealthier areas. Traditional sewage systems do not make technical or economic sense in many areas, so there is a need for solutions that consider non-traditional methods. The technology solutions are known, but education and policy barriers persist. This project is intended to overcome those.

The position description can be found here http://explore.jobs.ufl.edu/cw/en-us/job/511965/special-projects-coordinator. The position is described as a full time position with PURC and the salary offered reflects our budget, including the cost of benefits for the person. Our intent is to engage the best qualified candidate, so we will be flexible if a well-qualified person wanted to do the work, but not as a UF employee. In such a situation we would simply contract with the person.

Please pass this along to colleagues that you believe might be interested.

Kind regards,

Rebecca

Rebecca Beachy

Coordinator of Research Programs and Events

Public Utility Research Center (PURC)

Warrington College of Business Administration

P.O. Box 117142, 205 Matherly Hall

University of Florida

Gainesville, FL 32611, USA

Tel: 352-392-6148 main office