Hello network gurus,

There’s a hepatitis A outbreak in my hometown and my old epidemiologist colleagues are trying to intervene using network analysis and Facebook data.

Right now they’re constructing friend networks from people’s pages by hand in an Excel spreadsheet. I know there’s a way to easily extract your personal Facebook data after logging in to the site, but I’m not sure if there’s a tool for extracting other people’s friends lists. Does anyone know of a tool that can facilitate this process?

Any tips, tools, or recommendations for how to do this quickly would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Stephanie Bultema, MAAL

Research Consultant | Bultema Consulting LLC

Senior Researcher | Center on Network Science, University of Colorado Denver

PhD Student | School of Public Affairs, University of Colorado Denver

Co-President | School of Public Affairs PhD Student Association

509.994.1327 | LinkedIn