Dear all,

Rutgers has a tenure-track open rank position in organizational
communication that might be of interest to some on this list (see
jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/96045
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.rutgers.edu_postings_96045&d=DwIDaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=1sbe0etviKDSocoexWhFj1-q_nIdlqL7DlauQE0uJm4&s=uFmd9UIRPPhEeJfQPTKiy2dH4pKTcS3HwFRUvpK3bs0&e= >). Network organizational
scholars are welcome to apply. If you have questions, please get in
touch with the search committee chair, Marya Doerfel
([log in to unmask]). We will start reviewing applications on
September 27 and continue until the position is filled.

Best!
Katya

--
Katherine Ognyanova, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Rutgers University

*Organizational****Communication**
*

*Open Rank, Full-Time, Tenure-Track Faculty Position
*

*Rutgers**University’s School of **Communication**and Information*

The Department of Communication at Rutgers University’s School of
Communication and Information is hiring in the area of Organizational
Communication. The appointment will begin Fall 2020.

We seek candidates conducting theory-driven, empirical,
communication-centered research that examines dynamic processes of
organizing. We are looking for innovative and engaged organizational
communication scholars whose research foci recognize emerging issues
such as the role of new media in organizations, work and equality,
leadership and diversity, cross-sector partnerships, global teams,
organizational networks, the science of team science, artificial
intelligence and the evolving workforce, smart cities, corporate social
responsibility, and visibility management.

Our full-time faculty employs a wide range of empirical approaches in
their research, and we welcome applications from scholars who use
quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches. We also
encourage candidates whose scholarship intersects with, and extends, one
or more of the department’s other research foci (health communication,
communication and technology, interpersonal communication, and language
and social interaction) and/or other areas within the school such as
media studies and information science. For more about the Department of
Communication and the School of Communication and Information (SC&I),
see comminfo.rutgers.edu <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__comminfo.rutgers.edu&d=DwIDaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=1sbe0etviKDSocoexWhFj1-q_nIdlqL7DlauQE0uJm4&s=P7OYuvBO5nKDmHm8ti-kSE-ZQvRoV4HXNMnAlKMwtN4&e= >.

Qualifications and Requirements: We look forward to welcoming a new
colleague who will contribute to our thriving undergraduate and master’s
level programs and our highly-regarded interdisciplinary school-wide
Ph.D. program. A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Communication or a
related field as of August 2020 is required.  Applicants should have a
demonstrated record or strong likelihood of top-tier peer-reviewed
publication and evidence of or preparation for effective teaching.

Senior-level applicants should provide evidence of leadership in
research, instruction, and service, with a strong record of external
funding a plus. Responsibilities of the successful applicants include
undergraduate and graduate teaching assignments in communication, an
active program of research in the candidate’s area of scholarly
expertise, and service contributions in accordance with university
policy for tenure-track and tenured appointments.

Application Process: Applications will be accepted through the following
Rutgers website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.rutgers.edu_postings_96045&d=DwIDaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=1sbe0etviKDSocoexWhFj1-q_nIdlqL7DlauQE0uJm4&s=uFmd9UIRPPhEeJfQPTKiy2dH4pKTcS3HwFRUvpK3bs0&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__jobs.rutgers.edu_postings_96045&d=DwIDaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=1sbe0etviKDSocoexWhFj1-q_nIdlqL7DlauQE0uJm4&s=uFmd9UIRPPhEeJfQPTKiy2dH4pKTcS3HwFRUvpK3bs0&e= >. Review of applications will
begin on September 27, 2019 and will continue until the position is
filled. Candidates are required to submit a letter of application, CV,
two sample publications and the names of 3 references. Inquires can be
made to the search committee chair: Professor Marya Doerfel
([log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>), Department of
Communication, Rutgers University, 4 Huntington St., New Brunswick, NJ.

About Rutgers and the School of Communication and Information: Rutgers,
The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research
university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive
public institution of higher education. Established in 1766, the
university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the
United States. More than 70,000 students and 23,400 faculty and staff
learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey
and around the world.

An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Rutgers, The State
University of New Jersey, is committed to building a diverse community
and encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities to apply. For additional information please see our
Non-Discrimination Statement at
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__uhr.rutgers.edu_non-2Ddiscrimination-2Dstatement&d=DwIDaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=1sbe0etviKDSocoexWhFj1-q_nIdlqL7DlauQE0uJm4&s=jyk-0DRDQFAmZ86caWOQ0yoYWUnHGktDTmicn3PPJok&e=
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__uhr.rutgers.edu_non-2Ddiscrimination-2Dstatement&d=DwIDaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=1sbe0etviKDSocoexWhFj1-q_nIdlqL7DlauQE0uJm4&s=jyk-0DRDQFAmZ86caWOQ0yoYWUnHGktDTmicn3PPJok&e= >>.

Rutgers University's School of Communication and Information houses a
dynamic and engaged community of scholars in the fields of
Communication, Journalism and Media Studies, and Library and Information
Science, providing unique opportunities for cross-cutting,
interdisciplinary partnerships within the school. Given the vibrant
scholarly climate in the school and rich prospects for engaged public
research in the area, we embrace the university’s goals of promoting
diversity and inclusion throughout our networks and programs. For more
information about the School of Communication and Information, see:
comminfo.rutgers.edu <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__comminfo.rutgers.edu&d=DwIDaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=1sbe0etviKDSocoexWhFj1-q_nIdlqL7DlauQE0uJm4&s=P7OYuvBO5nKDmHm8ti-kSE-ZQvRoV4HXNMnAlKMwtN4&e= >.

This institution offers benefits to same-sex domestic partners and not
to different-sex domestic partners.

This institution offers benefits to spouses.