Dear all,

Rutgers has a tenure-track open rank position in organizational communication that might be of interest to some on this list (see jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/96045). Network organizational scholars are welcome to apply. If you have questions, please get in touch with the search committee chair, Marya Doerfel ([log in to unmask]). We will start reviewing applications on September 27 and continue until the position is filled.

Best!
Katya

--
Katherine Ognyanova, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Rutgers University

Organizational Communication

Open Rank, Full-Time, Tenure-Track Faculty Position

Rutgers University’s School of Communication and Information

The Department of Communication at Rutgers University’s School of Communication and Information is hiring in the area of Organizational Communication. The appointment will begin Fall 2020.

We seek candidates conducting theory-driven, empirical, communication-centered research that examines dynamic processes of organizing. We are looking for innovative and engaged organizational communication scholars whose research foci recognize emerging issues such as the role of new media in organizations, work and equality, leadership and diversity, cross-sector partnerships, global teams, organizational networks, the science of team science, artificial intelligence and the evolving workforce, smart cities, corporate social responsibility, and visibility management.

Our full-time faculty employs a wide range of empirical approaches in their research, and we welcome applications from scholars who use quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods approaches. We also encourage candidates whose scholarship intersects with, and extends, one or more of the department’s other research foci (health communication, communication and technology, interpersonal communication, and language and social interaction) and/or other areas within the school such as media studies and information science. For more about the Department of Communication and the School of Communication and Information (SC&I), see comminfo.rutgers.edu.

Qualifications and Requirements: We look forward to welcoming a new colleague who will contribute to our thriving undergraduate and master’s level programs and our highly-regarded interdisciplinary school-wide Ph.D. program. A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Communication or a related field as of August 2020 is required.  Applicants should have a demonstrated record or strong likelihood of top-tier peer-reviewed publication and evidence of or preparation for effective teaching.

Senior-level applicants should provide evidence of leadership in research, instruction, and service, with a strong record of external funding a plus. Responsibilities of the successful applicants include undergraduate and graduate teaching assignments in communication, an active program of research in the candidate’s area of scholarly expertise, and service contributions in accordance with university policy for tenure-track and tenured appointments.

Application Process: Applications will be accepted through the following Rutgers website: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/96045. Review of applications will begin on September 27, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates are required to submit a letter of application, CV, two sample publications and the names of 3 references. Inquires can be made to the search committee chair: Professor Marya Doerfel (mdoerfel@rutgers.edu), Department of Communication, Rutgers University, 4 Huntington St., New Brunswick, NJ.

About Rutgers and the School of Communication and Information: Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 70,000 students and 23,400 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world.

An equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is committed to building a diverse community and encourages women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. For additional information please see our Non-Discrimination Statement at <http://uhr.rutgers.edu/non-discrimination-statement>.

Rutgers University's School of Communication and Information houses a dynamic and engaged community of scholars in the fields of Communication, Journalism and Media Studies, and Library and Information Science, providing unique opportunities for cross-cutting, interdisciplinary partnerships within the school. Given the vibrant scholarly climate in the school and rich prospects for engaged public research in the area, we embrace the university’s goals of promoting diversity and inclusion throughout our networks and programs. For more information about the School of Communication and Information, see: comminfo.rutgers.edu.

This institution offers benefits to same-sex domestic partners and not to different-sex domestic partners.

This institution offers benefits to spouses.