Hi Folks –

At the request of the UNC Soc department, Jr. hire in networks…

Best,

Jim

The Department of Sociology at UNC Chapel Hill is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position that might be of interest to  members of this Listserv.  We start reviewing applications October 1st.

LINK: https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/168547

DESCRIPTION: The Department of Sociology at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor, to start as early as July 1, 2020. We are seeking candidates with research and teaching interests in the areas of computational sociology, social networks, or other advanced quantitative methods with substantive expertise in any area of the discipline. Successful candidates must exhibit strong and innovative research and show potential for excellence in teaching. Submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, research statement, up to three writing samples, a statement on contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and four letters of recommendation through UNC’s online recruitment system. Applications will be considered until the position is filled, but our review of applications will begin on October 1, 2019. The Department and University are committed to fostering diversity, and we strongly encourage women and underrepresented minorities to apply. If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity Office at 919-966-3576 or send an e-mail to [log in to unmask]   Apply online at: http://hr.unc.edu/

Thank you,

Ken Bollen

Kenneth A. Bollen
H.R. Immerwahr Distinguished Professor
Department of Sociology
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
CB 3270 Davie Hall
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3270
919.843.1992