***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
Postdoctoral Fellowship in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at Temple University College of Public Health
The Temple University College of Public Health announces a Postdoctoral Scholar position for a quantitative methodologist working in the following areas: infectious disease and social epidemiology, network science, spatial analyses, and computational modeling/simulation. The substantive focus will be on HIV and substance use disorders.
The position is under the direct supervision of Dr. Abby Rudolph PhD, MPH in the Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics in the College of Public Health at Temple University, an urban, research-intensive R1 university located in Philadelphia, a city rich in history, culture and diversity. The position will include opportunities for publishing peer-reviewed manuscripts and presenting research findings at scientific meetings, grant writing, and developing an independent area of research. Analyses will focus on better understanding aspects of the social environment (i.e., people with whom individuals interact and the places where these interactions take place) influence disease transmission dynamics, risk behaviors and health outcomes (i.e., overdose, acute HIV infection), and health service use in both rural and urban settings.
· Completion of a PhD (in a health-related field), DrPH, MD, DVM, DDS, or similar doctoral degree
· Demonstrated strong quantitative analytic skills
· Evidence of scientific articles published in collaboration with multidisciplinary research teams
· A strong interest in publishing in the area of HIV and/or substance use disorders
· Prior coursework in statistics, network analysis, and epidemiology
· Experience with statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, STATA, R) to manage and analyze quantitative data
· Ability to conduct descriptive and complex statistical analyses
· Prior experience working with egocentric, sociometric, or dyadic data
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, demonstrated through the development of publications and delivery of presentations
· Ability to work well independently, and as part of a team
· Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion
This position will provide postdoctoral research training, funds for travel to conferences for research dissemination and professional development, and a competitive salary and benefits for one year, renewable for a second year upon satisfactory performance. The fellow will be expected to learn new research skills, conduct data analyses and/or computational modeling, participate in interdisciplinary team science, publish research findings, participate in grant writing, and develop an independent avenue of research.
Strong applicants will demonstrate evidence of scholarly potential that will make them competitive for tenure-track appointments at a research university. Interested candidates should send a CV, cover letter summarizing relevant training and research experiences, graduate transcript, two publications (or representative writing samples), and the names of 3 references to [log in to unmask].