Introducing…
Mr. Kishmar Best,
New Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives (OGDI) Director

Image result for kishmar best

Dear students, colleagues, and coworkers,

The Graduate School is pleased to announce that Mr. Kishmar Best has accepted the position of Director of our Office of Graduate Diversity Initiatives (OGDI), effective December 2, 2019.

His position reports directly to Dr. Henry T. Frierson, Associate Vice President and Dean of the Graduate School.

As OGDI Director, Kishmar will oversee our efforts to foster an ever more diverse, inclusive graduate student body on our campus by assisting in recruiting and retaining students from underrepresented ethnic/racial, low-income, or first-generation college backgrounds, while enhancing programs that support and enrich graduate educational experiences at the University of Florida.

Kishmar’s educational background and career history equip him ably for his new position. He will build on his past experience in successfully cultivating diversity, equity, and inclusion in higher education. Slated to defend his doctoral dissertation this coming January, he is on track to graduate from the University at Albany (State University of New York) with a doctoral degree in Educational Policy and Leadership this spring. Immediately before this move to UF, he served as Associate Director in the Office of Graduate Admissions at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York.

The Graduate School is confident that Kishmar is a promising match for his new position and will prove himself a strong asset to the UF campus community.

To mark Kishmar’s arrival, we will host an informal “meet and greet” from 2:30 p.m. until 4 p.m. on Monday, December 9, 2019 in 110 Grinter Hall, where students, faculty, administrators, and staff can drop by and briefly bid him welcome, make his acquaintance, and wish him well as the newest member of Team Grad School.

We look forward to seeing you then!