A good opportunity to work with a big SNA team in our Centre for Business Network Analysis and Networks and Urban Systems Centre.

Department of International Business & Economics

Location:

Greenwich

Salary:

33,797 to 39,152 plus 3706 London weighting

Contract Type:

Permanent

Closing Date:

Thursday 14 November 2019

Interview Date:

To be confirmed

Reference:

2157-E - Lecturer in Economic Sociology

The University of Greenwich, Faculty of Business is seeking a Lecturer in Economic Sociology to contribute to our International Business Programmes.  The EIB vision statement states: We are a department of imaginative researchers and pedagogically innovative academics seeking to share our vision and enthusiasm for economics and international business with the next generation of inspiring global citizens, our local community and other seekers of solutions to real world economic problems, utilising a broad range of theoretical and methodological tools

The position offers opportunities for research and teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in International Business and enables an ambitious candidate to play an important role in the shaping of the future development of the department’s approach to its curriculum design. We are particularly looking for candidates that enjoy working with diverse cohorts of students and challenging them to fulfil their potential through developing inspiring course materials and learning activities within a blended learning environment and providing excellent student care. The Department of Economics and International Business has a portfolio of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in the areas of Economics and International Business. Our teaching is informed by the international research agenda developed within three faculty research centres, which EIB staff are affiliated to: Centre for Business Network Analysis (CBNA), Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre (GPERC) and Centre for Research in Employment and Work (CREW).  In addition the department has an interest in research in Business and Economics Education (BEE) through the developing MERIT Hub (Measuring Education’s Real Impact from Innovative Teaching) with those interested in economics and international business education supporting the University to evaluate teaching, learning and access initiatives. This new role will focus on developing effective learning environments and enhanced student support and guidance or quality enhancement within the department.

The University of Greenwich has a strong commitment to diversity and internationalism, and this is reflected in our staff and student profiles. .  The Faculty of Business based in the Old Royal Naval College at Greenwich – a UNESCO World Heritage site – has a strong commitment to diversity and internationalism. This is reflected in our focus on inclusive curricula and equality of opportunity for learners.

Should you have any queries please contact the HR Recruitment Team on [log in to unmask]

We are looking for people who can help us deliver our mission of transforming lives through inspired teaching and research, through our values.

University of Greenwich, a charity and company limited by guarantee, registered in England (reg. no. 986729). Registered office: Old Royal Naval College, Park Row, Greenwich, London SE10 9LS. _____________________________________________________________________ SOCNET is a service of INSNA, the professional association for social network researchers (http://www.insna.org). To unsubscribe, send an email message to [log in to unmask] containing the line UNSUBSCRIBE SOCNET in the body of the message.