Post doc in SNA and machine learning, about work teams (on construction projects)

This is an interesting chance to mix some network analysis and some machine learning. See below.

Ken Frank

Job no: 611677
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Agriculture And Nat Resources
Department: School Of Planning Des Construction Anr 10002116
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: Full Time (90-100%), Fixed Term Academic Staff, Education/Training, Engineers/Architects, Information Technology, Research/Scientific, Non-Union

Position Summary

This research associate position is for a postdoctoral researcher to coordinate the data collection and analysis efforts, social network interventions, and help in cross-fertilization of students in interdisciplinary research on an NSF-funded project. The emphasis of this position is research related to machine learning assisted social network interventions in complex project teams. The position reports to Dr. Sinem Mollaoglu with School of Planning, Design and Construction and Dr. Kenneth Frank at the Department of Counseling, Education Psychology and Special Education. This full-time position is a fixed-term, annually renewable position for up to 2.5 years. The expected start date is January 1, 2020.

Required Degree

Doctorate

Minimum Requirements

Doctoral degree in measurement and quantitative methods, construction management/engineering, computer science, and education, or a related field. Degree must be conferred by the start date.

Desired Qualifications

Experience with social network theory and related analytic methods preferred. Knowledge of R and Python preferred.

Required Application Materials

Interested candidates should send a letter of application stating qualifications for this position, resume/CV, and the names and contact information for three references. Applicants must apply online at: http://careers.msu.edu. Please reference posting 611677.

Special Instructions

This posting will close on October 28, 2019. The position is expected to begin January 1, 2020. Questions regarding this position should be directed to the search committee chair: Dr. Sinem Mollaoglu, [log in to unmask], 517-353-3252.

Website

https://www.canr.msu.edu/spdc/

Department Statement

At Michigan State University's College of Agriculture and Natural Resources, we do not just accept difference, we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our faculty, our staff, or students, and our community. The College of Agriculture and Natural Resources is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer that is committed to achieving inclusive excellence through attracting diverse candidates and fostering a culture of equity where everyone can reach its individual and collective goals.

The School of Planning, Design and Construction is leading the integration of planning, design and construction to create a sustainable built and natural environment that enriches communities, economic and family life, through leadership, entrepreneurial creativity, social responsibility, cultural relevance and environmentally sustainable planning and policy. Please refer to the Schools homepage available at: http://www.spdc.msu.edu/.

MSU Statement

Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.

Advertised: Sep 26, 2019 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Oct 28, 2019 Eastern Daylight Time

Check out the R Shiny app for sensitivity analysis

http://konfound-it.com.

R Shiny app KonFound-it

My thinking about schools in a recent interview:

http://michiganradio.org/post/why-we-re-burning-out-our-young-teachers-and-how-relight-fire

Ken Frank

MSU Foundation Professor of Sociometrics

Measurement and Quantitative Methods

Counseling, Educational Psychology and Special Education

Room 462 Erickson Hall

620 Farm Lane

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824-1034 phone: 517-355-9567 fax: 517-353-6393 [log in to unmask]

https://www.msu.edu/user/k/e/kenfrank/web/index.htm