Hi All,

Another reason to support centralized tutoring is that it allows access to
information about an individual student's overall academic support profile,
both for the current term and historically.

For example, there is a difference between a student engaging in
tutoring for one course versus a student engaging in tutoring for all of
their courses. Knowing this information gives institutions an opportunity
to provide more  outreach and support to students who are really struggling
and may have other pervasive issues (psycho-social, mental health, family,
financial) that are negatively impacting on their academic success.

With decentralized tutoring it is much more difficult to "uncover" this
type of information and institutions may miss the opportunity to provide
more targeted support for students in greatest need.

Best,
Roberta
Roberta Schotka, Director of Programs, PLTC
Wellesley College
phone:781-283-2675
fax: 781-283-3709
CRLA Certifications Director