Do you have a program or approach you want to share with higher education professionals?

Call for Proposals – Northwest CRLA 2020

We are now accepting breakout-session proposals for our 5th annual Northwest College Reading & Learning Association conference at Everett Community College just outside Seattle, Washington on April 18, 2020.

Northwest CRLA welcomes proposals that reflect effective practices and innovations in the areas of developmental education and learning assistance and are informed by theory, research, and application. The conference breakout sessions are categorized under the four following strands:

We welcome proposals from professional staff, faculty, and peer tutors, mentors, and coaches from both inside and outside of the northwest region.

To access the proposal form, go to our Call for Proposals webpage. The proposal deadline is January 10, 2020. If you have questions, please contact Jeffrey White at [log in to unmask].

More about our conference

NWCRLA's 5th annual regional conference will be held at Everett Community College in Everett, Washington. The full-day conference will be on Saturday, April 18, 2020 with an optional half-day pre-conference workshop on Friday, April 17, 2020.​

​This year’s conference theme is “Tides of Change.” We will be exploring the topic of transformation – how we can evolve our programs and practices to better support our students, our institutions, and our colleagues.

Conference registration opens February 17, 2020. For more details or to learn more about the Northwest CRLA, go to www.nwcrla.com.

We look forward to hearing from you soon,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey White, M.A., M.S.

President, Northwest College Reading and Learning Association

Learning Commons Administrator, Shepard Academic Resource Center

Instructor of German, International Languages and Cultures

Buckley Center 163, MSC 184

University of Portland

5000 N. Willamette Blvd.

Portland, Oregon 97203