With apologies for cross-posting: The deadline for the TASS proposal submission has been extended to December 8!
[TASS_logo-seafoam_outl_2012]

31st Annual Teaching Academic Survival and Success Conference
March 29 - April 1, 2020
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tassconference.org&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=pZg3kJXDXVq3-GrfZyRDMasrExcQYdpN_ZhkW28FbOg&e=

 SPONSORED BY NORTHERN ESSEX COMMUNITY COLLEGE, HAVERHILL, MA
HOSTED BY BROWARD COLLEGE, FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

RIVERSIDE HOTEL

TASS Riverside Hotel booking page<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__reservations.travelclick.com_15542-3FgroupID-3D2262560&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=uPxgHwCMZRNC2eBzu-mD9aulBYAxVI5KWWsZ0bfPDkY&e= >

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.riversidehotel.com&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=MZzJFB9PSWOpJaLBIr4vZFtp-kcpvDQxiZBm9c2HYB8&e=

620 E. Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

Reservations: 800-325-3280

Call for Proposals is extended to December 8, 2019

 https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tassconference.org_forms_proposalform.php&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=wwPdnofXRl6mSO4szeKVq3RlDSWjS7AT43McqFshLAU&e=

Notifications about the acceptance status will be made within a month of the proposal submission date. We are inviting abstracts focusing on students' academic survival from the points of view of college faculty, learning assistance and student support professionals, administrators, and high school teachers.

Proposals are invited on the following topics:

  *   Assessment of Student Learning;
  *   Diversity and Multiculturalism (minority students, adult learners, English Language Learners, etc.);
  *   Freshmen Success;
  *   Graduate Student & New Faculty Perspectives;
  *   Inclusion (disability and accessibility, mental health issues, universal design, etc.);
  *   Institutional Strategy (administration, policy, student retention and completion initiatives, etc.);
  *   Learning Assistance and Student Support (advising, counseling, TRIO, tutoring, mentoring, coaching, career planning, etc.);
  *   Literacy and Learning Strategies in Various Disciplines (STEM, General Education courses, etc.);
  *   Preparing High School Students for College;
  *   Reading, Writing, Oral Communication;
  *   Technology/Online Education;
  *   Transitional Experiences.

Early Registration is Now Open!
See more information at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tassconference.org_registration.php&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=-wDUdxwidnoWiaVPs-N_pLyaFlIpnwS3CooE3QliFLw&e=   or  click here to use the online registration form<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tassconference.org_forms_regform.php&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=NFI47DZqt5OXn_5kE0z148Om-AHkIUnauCaOiuCeSyQ&e= >.
TASS conference early registration is open online until February 15, 2020. A fee of $50 (USA) will be added to all registrations after February 15, 2020, including onsite registrations.
Important Information for Presenters:  All presenters must register online and pay the early registration fee by February 15, 2020. If a presenter's registration payment has not been received by February 15, 2020, the presenter's name will not appear in the program and the presentation will be cancelled in case there are no other registered co-presenters for that presentation. Due to budgetary constraints, it is not possible to offer honorarium or waiver of the registration fee to presenters.

Fees: The conference fee includes all conference materials; breakfast on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday for those who are staying at the Riverside Hotel; lunch on Monday and Tuesday; evening receptions on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

  *   Early registration fee: - $489 (USA)
  *   Florida residents only: $399 (USA) full-conference early registration or $249 (USA) one-day early registration
Group Rates: There is a group rate available for 10 or more full registrations from the same institution.  To register a group, contact Sharon McDermot at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
Graduate Student Registration Rate: The TASS conference offers a graduate student registration rate of $300 (USA) for the full conference.  The participant must register and submit a registration payment by 2/15/2019. You will be identified as a graduate student on a name tag and in the program if you are a presenter.
Questions regarding registration or payment? Contact Sharon McDermot at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Mission of TASS:  Voice of the Practitioner

This is a conference for the serious practitioner who is passionate about helping all students, especially those who are underprepared or underrepresented, to survive and thrive in college and beyond.

This conference offers a holistic approach to academic survival from the points of view of college faculty, learning assistance and student support professionals, administrators, and high school teachers. This is the forum where they share lessons learned from evidence-based decisions and real experiences in the classroom, as well as tutoring, mentoring, advising, or counseling sessions.

It is for faculty, teaching student success courses and General Education courses in a variety of disciplines, who want to demonstrate and adopt effective, inclusive pedagogical methods that help students of diverse backgrounds learn.

It is for tutors, mentors, student success coaches, navigators, counselors, and advisors who share and learn from others best strategies in building our students' academic and life skills.

At a time when there is rightly a growing focus on college completion, not just access, TASS is for administrators who want to share and learn new successful initiatives enhancing student engagement, retention, and graduation rates.

This conference is for reformers who feel an urgency to meet students where they are and give them experiences they need to grow and succeed.

TASS offers networking opportunities to meet new, like-minded professionals, from all over the country in small settings where substantial discussions occur and friendships are made.

College Literacy and Learning (CLL) Special Interest Group (SIG)

of the International Literacy Association (ILA)

will meet right before TASS

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__tassconference.org_about_cll-5Fsig-5Fila.php&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=sibhuEQop59lXVSvpVv2AMJXmlZVVqrET9Ykc8K6Fpo&e=

Attend two conferences in one trip! Consider participating in the meeting of the College Literacy and Learning Special Interest Group of the International Literacy Association which will be held from 2 pm-5 pm on Sunday, March 29, 2020 in New River A (8th floor of the Riverside Hotel). It is the fifth year that the CLL group meets right before the TASS conference, so please take advantage of this professional development opportunity to attend and propose for two conferences.
Conference information, including the proposal submission process, can be found at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__j-2Dcll.org_conference-2Dinformation&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=voaTKIjpucQE-erB1dFUPuhj4X0rfPTIjyPg81qGPXE&e= . The final proposal review deadline is December 15, 2019.
There will be presentations on issues and topics of post-secondary literacy and learning. This year's conference is being themed around the idea of change. As educators, we experience change in a number of ways, seemingly constantly.  Students change. Administrative policies change. Programming and courses change. National and state policies change. Your role as an instructor might change. How your students engage in learning might change. In the face of sweeping changes in higher education, we have devoted this year's conference theme to change. We invite proposals that relate to this theme of change in some way (feel free to be creative!), as long as it ties into college literacy and learning.
More about the CLL-SIG membership, professional development opportunities, including the annual professional development grant to assist with travel, can be found at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.j-2Dcll.org_cll-2Dsig&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=IGOquS4AwMs3KUM0NJ9QuCGx1xD0N1AAeZtLEov76Ao&e=  and/or https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cllsig.weebly.com&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=c68kpSSygNS46Rb9MymCo1Q_wlqrGrvnpaLcgS2OiFs&e=
Please note that you do not have to be a member of ILA or the CLL SIG to attend the conference. All are welcome! The conference registration fee is $25.00.
If you have questions about the CLL SIG and/or its conference, please contact Ren VanderLind, Chair, at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

  *   If you have any questions about the proposal submission process, please contact Victoria Appatova at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Molly Minus at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. For questions about registration and payments, contact Sharon McDermot at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

  *   If you are not on our mailing list and would like to subscribe, please go to the TASS website at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tassconference.org&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=N72s3aw2lGXhDlUM79q71Uz3_Q3Vod88hMKkV89YMZo&e= <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tassconference.org&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=N72s3aw2lGXhDlUM79q71Uz3_Q3Vod88hMKkV89YMZo&e= >.  If you do not want to receive updates on the TASS Conference and would like to unsubscribe from this listserv, please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

  *   To get a better idea of the typical TASS conference schedule, activities, and concurrent sessions, go to the "Archives" page at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.tassconference.org_about_archives.php&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=tkAACBgX69zH9b8QGasKbhgWu8w0Arh-QhL0xf_Y95k&m=uCoHIBLQDd6nEAw3Fvx9-I71jIb_MFwDRWHW8MlLo7E&s=M4YYYllEn7fw4YyM_KM-zefceh3WLUhXdmZFuxeNeRg&e=