I am also interested in this information.

(Hi, Tina!)  :)

Rebecca Tedesco
Palomar College | Southwestern College
CRLA Level 3 Master Tutor
Certified Learning Center Professional - Level 2
She/Her

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 8:38 AM Jenny Haley <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
We are blessed, I feel, to have centralized tutoring on our campus.  The Learning Center offers appointment-based and drop-in tutoring for over 150 different courses.  We hire, train, schedule, supervise, assess, and run the academic support services for our campus.  However, there are some new folks in upper administration who are encouraging departments to start their own tutoring programs.

I strongly feel that centralized tutoring provides the best institutional efficiency by preventing unnecessary duplication of services and streamlines coordination of tutorial services/offerings.  A centralized system also simplifies the process for students, identifying a single, unique location as the starting point for seeking academic support.

At the very least, I would advocate for centralized administration of all university-wide tutoring services.

However, I'm having trouble finding research to back up my claims.

Any ideas?

Thanks, everyone!