Hello!

Our Learning Support Center currently uses homegrown Access databases to track student attendance and participation in tutoring.  The administration has informed us that the college will be acquiring Ellucian CRM Advise in the near future.  I'm wondering if anyone else is at a campus that uses this and, if so, how it interfaces with the tutoring center.

I understand that the system will allow adviser notifications if a student may benefit from tutoring, but I'm wondering if it also allows the center to track attendance and utilization, or if we'll need to explore a complementary solution like TutorTrac in order to maintain this functionality.

In case it's helpful, our tutoring is primarily drop-in and group-based.  We do have some select populations like TRiO SSS students who receive appointment-based, one-on-one tutoring, but this is a very small portion of our traffic.  Currently we track students' identity as well as the specific course they're receiving assistance with and, of course, the amount of time they spend working with us.  Our Access database interfaces with the student information system so that students are easily able to sign in and out using their campus ID card.

Thank you in advance for any insights you might be able to share!

Kendra Perry
Coordinator of Library & Learning Support Services
Hagerstown Community College
240-500-2551
(she/her/hers)