Hi all,

We are in the beginning stages of an ego-net analysis and are interested in
using ergm.ego. We have approximately 100 egonets (sadly no alter-alter
ties) and due to the study design, also have a handful of alters that were
nominated by more than one ego.

Is there a way to account for this in ergm.ego? Disclaimer: I'm quite
comfortable with whole network analyses, but am new to ego-networks in
general, so I'm not sure if the presence of common alters is actually
relevant in our study. Conceptually, we are interested in the extent to
which various ego attributes relate to the type of social relationships
they report.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. We are also open to other modeling
options, but at the moment have a few simple ergm.ego models up and running
(and so far are fun to learn).

Thanks!

-Emily

--