HI, Emily,

The ergm.ego framework that Michal had linked to should still be applicable even if there is alter overlap, because it shouldn't bias the estimates of ERGM sufficient statistics under (hypothetical) repeated egocentric sampling, which is what ergm.ego is based on.

In addition to what Michal and Raffaele had suggested, if you have identifiable alters, you may also be able to use the missing data approach of
Handcock, M. S. & Gile, K. J. (2010) Modeling Social Networks from Sampled Data. Annals of Applied Statistics, 4(1): 5-25. doi:10.1214/08-AOAS221
or its Bayesian equivalent of
Koskinen, J. H., Robins, G. L. & Pattison, P. E. (2010) Analysing exponential random graph (p-star) models with missing data using Bayesian data augmentation. Statistical Methodology, 7(3): 366 - 384. doi:10.1016/j.stamet.2009.09.007
The former is implemented in the ergm package and the latter in PNet (I think), but if the fraction of unobserved relations is high, it may be computationally impractical.

I hope this helps,
Pavel