Hi prospective PhD students,

We are looking for students for fully funded PhD program. Students with
social science, especially social networks, backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.

*PhD Program in entrepreneurship and innovation accepting applications
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__haskayne.ucalgary.ca_programs_phd&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=7kAa_R7JaP1N0YpGCHqDh9dtr2Y1vLccJVLMv8WaiLw&s=5T1LJ-pwgKULWE-uJx3tPppZgOSMwQ6G9IMRELDVQYo&e= >*

The Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary is looking for
applicants with exceptional academic credentials and the drive to excel at
scholarly research in the areas of entrepreneurship and innovation. Our
doctoral program offers an integrative approach combining a solid
foundation in theory and empirical research with cutting-edge theoretical
approaches as well as quantitative and qualitative methods that enable
students to conduct high-value, innovative research.

*Why the Haskayne School of Business?*

Our PhD program <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__haskayne.ucalgary.ca_programs_phd&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=7kAa_R7JaP1N0YpGCHqDh9dtr2Y1vLccJVLMv8WaiLw&s=5T1LJ-pwgKULWE-uJx3tPppZgOSMwQ6G9IMRELDVQYo&e= > is a full-time,
research-intensive and highly flexible program that allows students to
tailor courses to their needs and interests. We provide a collaborative,
supportive and intellectually stimulating research environment for
discovery and dissemination of scientific knowledge applicable to the
business community.

We encourage early and continual involvement in research, provide excellent
mentors who work closely with students both in the classroom and on
research projects, and provide access to essential resources and training
in quantitative and qualitative methods and research design. Publication
opportunities are plentiful, with students often co-authoring articles for
high-quality journals. Our graduates have been successful in pursuing
careers in academia, consulting, and industry, with 85% holding university
positions.

*Haskayne faculty*

We have a diverse faculty committed to excellence in research and teaching.
Faculty research has appeared in leading journals, including:

·        Academy of Management Journal

·        Social Forces

·        Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice

·        Journal of International Business Studies

·        Organization Science

·        Strategic Management Journal

·        American Sociological Review

·        Academy of Management Review

·        Journal of Business Venturing

·        Management Science

·        Small Business Economics

*Funding*

Our funding is competitive. We provide $25,000 per year for four years, pay
full tuition as well as offer travel support to attend up to key academic
conferences in years 2 to 4 in the program. We also support students in
pursuing other internal and external scholarship opportunities. Our PhD
students have a proven track record of winning high profile national
scholarships, such as Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of
Canada Doctoral Scholarships and Killam Doctoral Scholarships.

*Why Calgary?*

Calgary is Canada’s fourth largest city and was recently named the fifth
most livable city in the world by The Economist.

*Minimum Requirements*

GMAT: 650; GRE: 85th percentile; GPA: 3.5; TOEFL iBT: 100 or IELTS: 7.0

Apply online <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__haskayne.ucalgary.ca_programs_phd_admissions&d=DwIFaQ&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=yQQsvTNAnbvDXGM4nDrXAje4pr0qHX2qIOcCQtJ5k3w&m=7kAa_R7JaP1N0YpGCHqDh9dtr2Y1vLccJVLMv8WaiLw&s=a-JAk5e2TVncXKw3U9GckFPbes_JGBiknEYcOZYW1Dg&e= > now for
Fall 2020. For more information, please email [log in to unmask]

Seok-Woo Kwon

Associate Professor| Robson Professorship in Entrepreneurship

Hasakyne School of Business

University of Calgary