Hi prospective PhD students,

We are looking for students for fully funded PhD program. Students with social science, especially social networks, backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.

PhD Program in entrepreneurship and innovation accepting applications

The Haskayne School of Business at the University of Calgary is looking for applicants with exceptional academic credentials and the drive to excel at scholarly research in the areas of entrepreneurship and innovation. Our doctoral program offers an integrative approach combining a solid foundation in theory and empirical research with cutting-edge theoretical approaches as well as quantitative and qualitative methods that enable students to conduct high-value, innovative research.

Why the Haskayne School of Business?

Our PhD program is a full-time, research-intensive and highly flexible program that allows students to tailor courses to their needs and interests. We provide a collaborative, supportive and intellectually stimulating research environment for discovery and dissemination of scientific knowledge applicable to the business community.

We encourage early and continual involvement in research, provide excellent mentors who work closely with students both in the classroom and on research projects, and provide access to essential resources and training in quantitative and qualitative methods and research design. Publication opportunities are plentiful, with students often co-authoring articles for high-quality journals. Our graduates have been successful in pursuing careers in academia, consulting, and industry, with 85% holding university positions.

Haskayne faculty

We have a diverse faculty committed to excellence in research and teaching. Faculty research has appeared in leading journals, including:

·        Academy of Management Journal

·        Social Forces

·        Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice

·        Journal of International Business Studies

·        Organization Science

·        Strategic Management Journal

·        American Sociological Review

·        Academy of Management Review

·        Journal of Business Venturing

·        Management Science

·        Small Business Economics

Funding

Our funding is competitive. We provide $25,000 per year for four years, pay full tuition as well as offer travel support to attend up to key academic conferences in years 2 to 4 in the program. We also support students in pursuing other internal and external scholarship opportunities. Our PhD students have a proven track record of winning high profile national scholarships, such as Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada Doctoral Scholarships and Killam Doctoral Scholarships.

Why Calgary?

Calgary is Canada’s fourth largest city and was recently named the fifth most livable city in the world by The Economist.

Minimum Requirements

GMAT: 650; GRE: 85th percentile; GPA: 3.5; TOEFL iBT: 100 or IELTS: 7.0

Apply online now for Fall 2020. For more information, please email [log in to unmask]

Seok-Woo Kwon

Associate Professor| Robson Professorship in Entrepreneurship

Hasakyne School of Business

University of Calgary