Dear Socnetters,

we would be happy to receive abstracts for our session on:

Networks and Cultures

Cultures differ from each other. They emerge in different social contexts and situations and are constantly (re)constituted, with the possibility of the emergence of new pattern. It can be shown empirically that cultures are connected with networks.

In such structures, an established culture is conveyed and further developed. Culture in this context refers primarily to everyday life: practices, understanding of symbols, conventions, what people consider as correct, what they like or do not like etc. How people behave can also be described as (part of) culture.

Culture is developed in networks and in reverse, culture also influences how networks are formed. Thus, both cultures and networks are interwoven. This means that when we analyze social structures in networks, they are always linked to cultural content. The perspective of culture leads to deeper insights to network analysis because reasons for the formation and maintenance of networks become visible.

For our session, we are interested in conceptual contributions to the relationship between culture and networks, as well as in empirical and other analyses of networks that focus on culture.

Proposals should be submitted here:

The Sunbelt 2020 call for oral presentations has now been released, with deadline on January 31, 2020:

https://www.insna.org/call-for-oral-presentations-and-posters

Kind regards and all the best for the holidays and a happy new year 2020

Christian Stegbauer und Iris Clemens

Christian Stegbauer

Goethe-Universität

Institut für Soziologie

Campus Westend – PEG-Gebäude (Raum 3G178)

Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 6

60323 Frankfurt am Main

Tel. ++49 69 798-36551

Journal für alte und neue Medien aus soziologischer, kulturanthropologischer und kommunikationswissenschaftlicher Perspektive

http://www.kommunikation-gesellschaft.de

Neue Bücher:

[log in to unmask]" alt="https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51vJ9evgc1L._SL500_AA130_.jpg">

Shitstorms – der Zusammenprall digitaler Kulturen. Wiesbaden: Springer

http://www.springer.com/de/book/9783658199548

[log in to unmask]" alt="https://images.springer.com/sgw/books/medium/9783658126490.jpg">

Grundlagen der Netzwerkforschung. Wiesbaden: Springer VS

http://www.springer.com/de/book/9783658126490

[log in to unmask]" alt=4E252962>

Schlüsselwerke der Netzwerkforschung. Wiesbaden: Springer VS (als Hrsg. mit Boris Holzer)

https://www.springer.com/de/book/9783658217419