Workshop on Innovative Ideas in Data Science (IID)

IID is a half-day workshop organized in conjunction with the The Web Conference in Taipei, Taiwan, on Monday, 20 April 2020.

http://hyadatalab.com/IID2020/

Workshop goals

The goal of IID is to provide a venue for researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry to discuss innovative, thought-provoking, and visionary ideas in data science. The emphasis is on potentially disruptive research directions that challenge current research agendas and suggest future ones.

Many workshops associated with The Web Conference have become more like mini-conferences themselves. Our vision for IID is complementary: it is a place for early-stage work on blue-sky, high-risk, and high-reward research, where the authors can benefit from community feedback.

We are inviting short position papers, up to 4 pages long, and are especially (but not exclusively) looking for papers that do at least one of the following:

An ideal submission is one that (1) is likely to stimulate discussion and (2) has the potential to open up a new line of research. We do not require full evaluations; well-reasoned arguments or preliminary evaluations could be sufficient.

Submission information

We welcome both novel research papers, work-in-progress papers, and visionary papers. All papers will be peer-reviewed in single-blind mode (i.e., authors do not need to anonymize their papers).

Submissions should be in PDF, written in English, with a maximum of 4 pages (not including references). Shorter papers are also welcome.

Please format your paper using the ACM SIG conference proceedings template (use sample-sigconf.pdf as the template) available at https://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template

Submit at EasyChair: http://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=iid2020

At least one author of an accepted paper must attend the workshop to present the work.

Important dates

If authors want paper to appear in proceedings:

If authors do not want paper to appear in proceedings:

Further information and contact

Website: http://hyadatalab.com/IID2020/

Email: [log in to unmask]

Organizing team

Dafna Shahaf, Hebrew University of Jerusalem

Robert West, EPFL

Ashton Anderson, University of Toronto

Jie Tang, Tsinghua University