Hi all,

We are in the beginning stages of an ego-net analysis and are interested in using ergm.ego. We have approximately 100 egonets (sadly no alter-alter ties) and due to the study design, also have a handful of alters that were nominated by more than one ego.

Is there a way to account for this in ergm.ego? Disclaimer: I'm quite comfortable with whole network analyses, but am new to ego-networks in general, so I'm not sure if the presence of common alters is actually relevant in our study. Conceptually, we are interested in the extent to which various ego attributes relate to the type of social relationships they report.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated. We are also open to other modeling options, but at the moment have a few simple ergm.ego models up and running (and so far are fun to learn).

Thanks!

-Emily

--
Emily Long, PhD