From the UF Graduate Student Council
UF GSC Travel Grant Application Process Now Open
The UF Graduate Student Council (GSC) is now accepting travel grant applications for:
1. Domestic travel from March 15, 2020 through April 14, 2020.
2. International travel from April 1, 2020 through May 30, 2020.
The deadline to apply for either is Friday, January 31, 2020.
For an application and more information online, click on this link to the UF GSC Grants website:
For upcoming deadlines and travel timeframes, click on this link: Dates and Deadlines.
GSC is also seeking students to review travel grant applications at monthly review meetings, usually held on the first or second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. Meetings last one-and-a-half to two-and-a-half hours. New reviewers are trained at the beginning of each meeting. To learn more or volunteer, email [log in to unmask] or click this Facebook Events link: Spring 2020 GSC Grant Evaluation Meetings.
Please remember, when applying for travel grants:
1. A representative from your department must attend all GSC general body meetings, the dates for which you can find online by clicking on these links:
2. No purchase made on a department PCard may be reimbursed by a GSC travel grant.
3. The funding request is $500, though the majority of grants awarded are only $350. Grants are reserved for the top 20-25% highest scoring applications. Funding is not guaranteed and awards are made on a competitive basis. To learn more online about evaluation criteria, click on this link:
4. Applications submitted late or in the incorrect application window will be denied automatically.
5. Incomplete and/or plagiarized applications will be denied automatically.
6. Students can receive only one award per fiscal year. For an online definition of fiscal year dates for GSC travel grants, click on this link: