Dear colleagues,

At a recent tutor training workshop, I solicited feedback from tutors about how our Learning Commons space could be improved.  A significant number of tutors asked that it be made "more warm and inviting/welcoming."  I couldn't agree with them more!  Our new Learning Commons is quite barren at the moment.  It is currently a large, open space with a dozen drab tables, chairs, and whiteboards.  I would love to add some color and positive messaging about the learning process to the space, as well as create a "resource corner" with various handouts on active study strategies, citation guides, etc.  I am on the hunt for more inspiration and ideas.  What have you done to make your tutoring spaces more welcoming and approachable?  I would be grateful for anything you share.

Thank you so much in advance,
Lena

--
Lena Moser, M.A., M.S.