Hi SOCnet,

I hope you all are enjoying 2020 and making plans to present at Sunbelt in Paris. We would like to invite you to submit to our session on Addressing Inequalities in Social Capital. See below for the session abstract:

Literature and our everyday experiences show that carefully cultivated connections can have a positive impact on our lives. Although the extent of this impact may not yet be understood, it is clear unequal access to social capital is both a symptom and reinforcing mechanism of structural inequality. Impact of low-quality connections can reinforce inequality in myriad ways. From reducing chances of pursuing a fulfilling career (McGregor et al, 2019), to normalizing unhealthy behaviors in networks (Christakis & Fowler, 2009). This session invites presentations relating to the theme of how we can improve conditions for upward social mobility or reduction in inequality in relation to social capital.

The call for presentations is open until January 31, 2020. Please reach out with any questions.

https://www.insna.org/call-for-oral-presentations-and-posters

Cheers,

Chris Munn

Indiana University Lilly Family School of Philanthropy

Kane Needham

Centre for Networks and Enterprise at Heriot Watt Univeristy