***** To join INSNA, visit http://www.insna.org *****
Description: Social actors (stakeholders, group members, organizations) are linked (or separated) both by their social ties, and the content (knowledge, beliefs, frames, claims) they share (or do not share) in their communication. This interplay between the social relationships and the content of communication is increasingly approached as a socio-semantic network intertwining social and cultural, or cognitive and relational realms, where meanings and interactions coevolve.
This organized session addresses the recent advances in socio-semantic network analysis, and invites theoretical, methodological and empirical papers contributing (but not limited) to the following themes:
- Theorizing relationships between social structure and meaning structure;
- Qualitative, quantitative or mixed methods to relate meaning and social relationships;
- Multivariate socio-semantic networks;
- Relations between semantic similarity and social ties;
- Combining relations between stakeholders and their frames;
- Connecting macro- and micro-level social and semantic network patterns.
Deadline: 31 January, 2020
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sunbelt2020
Organizers: Iina Hellsten, Nikita Basov, Johanne Saint-Charles, Adina Nerghes and Camille Roth