Dear Colleagues:

We are writing to seek your participation in this year's Sunbelt XL.  If you are conducting research in "Corporate Networks" or "Networks of the Corporate Elite," we invite you to join our community of scholars doing similar work at this year's INSNA Conference.  Below is the description of the "Corporate Networks" track.

Corporate Networks

This session highlights the study of the role of social networks in consolidating the dominant position of business and economic elites. Applicants are invited to submit papers that use social network analysis at either local, national or transnational level. We’re particularly interested in research offering insights into the social attributes of dominant economic elites and their interdependencies with the political sphere through think tanks, clubs and informal groups. We also welcome papers that offer new empirical perspectives or analytical tools to understand how corporate networks are embedded into non-corporate forms of sociability, thus facilitating the connection of the economic realm with other social spheres. Papers may also explore how interlocking directorates help understand the transformation of business elites, especially when they are confronted with socio-political or financial crises. Finally, the session welcomes innovative approaches that combine social network analysis with qualitative or other quantitative methods (multiple correspondence analysis, sequence analysis, etc.).

To submit your paper, please go to https://www.insna.org/call-for-oral-presentations-and-posters, to login into EasyChair, select "Sunbelt 2020," click on "New Submission" and select the "Corporate Networks" track.  The deadline for submission is January 31.

For more information on the conference, 2-7 June, please visit:  https://www.insna.org/events/sunbelt-2020.

If you have any questions, please contact any of the following session organizers:

Roy Barnes, [log in to unmask]
Josh Murray, [log in to unmask]
Tarun Banerjee, [log in to unmask]
Eelke Heemskerk, [log in to unmask]