From: Larkin,Iskande (Iske) <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 31, 2020 11:28 AM
To: Behringer,Donald C,JR <[log in to unmask]>; Baker,Shirley M <[log in to unmask]>; Kane, Andrew S <[log in to unmask]>; Kent A Vliet <[log in to unmask]>; Campos Krauer,Juan Manuel <[log in to unmask]>; Schuld,Susan <[log in to unmask]>; Graham, Wendy D. <[log in to unmask]>; Frazer,Tom K <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: FW: Sea of Shadows Screening Event

Hi All,

I just wanted to be sure you were included in our announcement of the below documentary showing.  I would encourage you to share this with your departments outside of the CVM and facilitate getting the word out to interested groups across UF.  We will have Dr Wells, who was personally involved in trying help the vaquita, address questions after the showing.

We hope you can make it. :)
Sincerely,
Iske

Iske V. Larkin, PhD
Lecturer & Education Coordinator
Interim Director
Aquatic Animal Health Program
Department of Large Animal Clinical Sciences
College of Veterinary Medicine
University of Florida
PO Box 100136
2015 SW 16th Ave
Gainesville, Florida 32610

Office phone - 352-294-4095
Work cell - 352-494-1742
Fax - 352-392-8289
Program web page: http://aquatic.vetmed.ufl.edu<http://aquatic.vetmed.ufl.edu/>

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world." -Anonymous
________________________________
Please note that Florida has a broad public records law, and that all correspondence to or from University of Florida employees via email may be subject to disclosure.

Good afternoon all,

Dr. Larkin and I have been working with Storyspaces to host a screening event of Sea of Shadows on campus on February 13th at 4:30 PM.  This event will consist of a screening of the documentary film Sea of Shadows and a following Q&A session with Dr. Randy Wells, a cetacean biologist who has been involved in the vaquita conservation efforts.  Both the screening and Q&A session will be in the UF CVM Large Animal Hospital's Equine Auditorium.  All UF faculty/staff, students, as well as friends and family are welcome to attend.  Refreshments will be served.  See directions to RSVP below:

The screening event will be free, but Storyspaces has asked that those who wish to attend RSVP through the following link so they can track the outreach impact of screening events like this one: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__story-2Dspaces.com_events_sea-2Dof-2Dshadows-2Dscreening-2Dand-2Da-2Dq-2Dand-2Da-2Dsession-2Dwith-2Ddr-2Drandy-2Dwells-2Ds-2Db-2D1t_tickets&d=DwIFAg&c=sJ6xIWYx-zLMB3EPkvcnVg&r=wHamBkfI86vh-xuQmdLAEvGMkY78YiJ9hJYkblI0Ffau9N348TJcZNaGm5KOldi1&m=P7ECBdLf73TgV6yysqRjLVJ02VwLWOvVZggLpaNzJWI&s=YeW72Kn5JiM0zDA4XPNV2UxymrUx4Ju9eZI_5dPYXV8&e=  .  Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Amanda

[Sea of Shadows (2019)]

Amanda M. Sheehy
Program Assistant
Aquatic Animal Health Program
Dept. of Large Animal Clinical Services
UF College of Veterinary Medicine
VH-119
Office: (352) 294-4198; Cell: (256) 503-4988