From UF Florida Society of the Social Sciences (F3S):

We hope you have all had a great semester so far! We hope you will consider sharing the opportunity below with your graduate and undergraduate student contacts. The 15th Annual Conference of the Social Sciences, the largest graduate-student run conference in the state, will be held on Saturday, April 18th 2020 on the University of Florida campus. Students across all disciplines are welcome to present their work at any stage. For more details, see below.

Furthermore, this year’s keynote speaker will be Dr. Ali Sewell, an Associate Professor of Sociology at Emory University and Founding Director of The Race and Policing Project. Dr. Sewell specializes in advancing quantitative approaches to racism studies. They have identified empirical links between the political economy of race and racial health and healthcare disparities using policing and housing policy data. More information about Dr. Ali Sewell can be found at: http://abigailasewell.com.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:

The UF Florida Society of the Social Sciences (F3S) invites submissions for papers, posters, workshops, or panels to be presented at the 15th Annual Conference of the Social Sciences (CSS). This day-long, interdisciplinary conference, themed "Fresh Perspectives: A Call to Action for Young Scholars in the Social Sciences", will be held on Saturday, April 18th, 2020.

We encourage you to distribute this call for submissions throughout your campus and regional networks to reach graduate and advanced undergraduate students throughout the state who have an interest in presenting their research.

For the past 15 years, the Florida Society of the Social Sciences (F3S) has strived to provide a unique forum for Florida’s scholars of the social and humanistic sciences to engage with others around issues of social import and impact. The cornerstone of F3S’s efforts is the Annual Conference of the Social Sciences, where hundreds of graduate and undergraduate students from around the state come together to present and discuss their work with a broad audience that crosses disciplines, professions, origins, and walks of life.

SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND HOW TO SUBMIT:

Please submit a 250-word abstract of your paper, poster, workshop, or panel presentation by completing this form: https://ufl.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_82rPlZFnI4BgumV. The submission deadline is March 18th, 2020.

We welcome papers and poster presentations from graduate (and advanced undergraduate) students in the humanities, social sciences, and interdisciplinary fields in the state of Florida. We also welcome full panel proposals that target these audiences. Instructions and descriptions of each submission type can be found at the beginning of the form.

If you have questions or concerns regarding the submission process, you can contact our Programs Chair, Janna M. Tamargo at [log in to unmask]

Sincerely,

The F3S Executive Team

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter!