Hi Justin,

You might want to check the NADE (now NOSS) Self- Evaluation Guides. There
is an entire section on tutoring which does not include a specific formula
for tutor to student ratio. As others have stated, that is exactly the
point. The number of tutors per student depends on so many factors that it
is not possible to try to reduce that to a numerical equation.  What you
will find in the Guidelines can help support an argument for sufficient
resources, both human and material combined with the need for clear
programmatic goals and measurable outcomes to help you determine if you are
meeting your students' needs.

Best,

Roberta Schotka, Director of Programs, PLTC
Wellesley College
phone:781-283-2675
fax: 781-283-3709
CRLA Certifications Director