We utilize Zoom or Go Board for our online tutoring platforms, and we do
require that students use video and audio during online tutoring sessions.
This offers a more synchronous and collaborative session and students
benefit more from the face-to-face interaction.

On Fri, Feb 21, 2020 at 9:47 AM Martha Krupa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> No, we do not require a face for tutoring.  Ours is done via email only.
> Sometimes we may use the phone to discuss something the student doesn't
> understand, but no cameras are necessary.
>
> Martha Krupa
> Niagara University
>
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2020 at 5:10 PM Izzy De Leon <
> [log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> We are piloting online tutoring services at UT-Austin and we were
>> wondering if other universities and colleges with online tutoring services
>> require students that are receiving tutoring to show their face using their
>> webcam? Or, if it is not required, how does the tutor handle this?

>> browser to
>>
>> Contact the owner of the listserv regarding questions:  Rob Bailey (

*Keigh-Cee Bell*

Coordinator
(269)782-1463